Sappi: Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Environmental Science Internships Program 2022
Closing Date: 30 March 2022
Job Type: Internship
Location: Sappi Tugela Mill, South Africa
Sappi Southern Africa requires an Environmental Intern who will have the opportunity to grow and obtain the necessary skill, competencies and experience within the related field and will be required to support the business with different tasks and responsibilities during their 12-months contract period.
The successful applicant will be based at our Tugela Mill.
- Day to day effluent management, tracking drains and sampling.
- Plant walks to identify opportunities for improvement on Environment and Safety.
- Waste Management to ensure correct waste separation across all plants and investigate recycling opportunities at the Mill and landfill.
- Assist with daily landfill management.
- Assist with the SHEQMS including ISO internal and external audits (ISO 14001, 45001 and 9001).
- Co-ordinate internal audits including supplier and waste audits.
- Involvement with BBS/ near miss reporting systems.
- Capture and manage deviations on the ISOMETRIX system
- Attend daily MDT’s.
- BSc Environmental Science or BTech Environmental Science / Management
- No experience required
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)