Free State Department of Sport, Arts and Culture: Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internships 2022
Closing Date: 18 March 2022
Job Type: Internship
Location: Bloemfontein, South Africa
The Department of Sport, Arts and Culture in partnership with the National Youth Development Agency are looking to recruit young people from the Free State to enter a twelve (12) months National Youth Service Programme called The Young Patriots Programme.
The programme seeks to engage young people in the service delivery to communities within the Free State province as a way of building a culture of patriotism and nation-building. It also seeks to make young people active participants in community development and social cohesion by involving them in areas of sport, arts, culture and heritage.
The successful applicant will be required to fulfil the following functions:
- Implement sport, arts and cultural activities in both community and schools.
- Mobilise schools and youth to be part of TYPP activities in their community
- Implement, coordinate and support TYPP events in the community.
- Maintain relationships with local community organisations and other community youth groups in the community.
- Administer monitoring for TYPP implementation in schools and at the community
- Promote South African National Symbols and the Constitution (The Preamble).
- Commit to personal development and growth.
- Completed Matric / Grade 12
- Be currently out of school youth/not studying .
- Must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
- Have experience in facilitation and presentation skills
- Have English and local language proficiency.
- Be from Sports, Arts and culture background
- Willing to work in Sports, Arts & Culture sector
- Strong community background Self-initiator, pro-activeness, with attention to detail
- Display ability to role model to peers.
- Open to RSA youth only
NB: Youth with disabilities are also encouraged to apply