Western Cape Government: Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internships Program 2022
Closing Date: 31 March 2022
Job Type: Internships (Contract)
Location: Western Cape, South Africa
The Western Cape Government: Corporate Services Centre invites unemployed South African graduates residing in the Western Cape to apply for the Graduate Internship Programme for 2022/2023.
The Graduate Internship Programme is a Youth Development Programme that will provide successful interns with the opportunity to gain practical work experience for a period of 3-24 months.
On-the-job training will be provided in one of the following departments:
- Community Safety;
- Cultural Affairs and Sport;
- Department of the Premier Economic Development and Tourism;
- Environmental Affairs & Development Planning;
- Human Settlements;
- Local Government;
- Provincial Treasury;
- Social Development;
- Transport and Public Works.
- You are in possession of a completed Certificate (NQF 5), Diploma (NQF 6), Degree (NQF 7) or Post Graduate Qualification (NQF 8 and higher);
- You are a South African citizen
- You reside in the Western Cape;
- You are between the ages of 20 and 35;
- You desire an opportunity to gain practical work experience.
What you benefit from this Internship
- You will acquire skills and work experience that will make you more marketable to future employers.
- You get contactable references on your CV.
- You will have career awareness exposure to assist you to make informed career choices together with a network to support and guide you.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Proven computer literacy (MS Office);
- Ability to operate office equipment;
- Planning and organising skills.