Apple Music: Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internship Program 2022
Closing Date: 28 February 2022
Job Type: Internships (Contract)
Location: Sandton, South Africa
The Apple Services Development Program is a 12-month entry-level program starting in July 2022. It is full-time, competitively salaried, and includes a program to support personal development. At the end of the 12 months, there may be opportunities to stay at Apple in a permanent position. You will have a range of responsibilities including significant day-to-day tasks alongside longer project work.
We are looking for someone who knows everything from Afrobeats to Amapiano, from Gospel to House. Someone who is knowledgeable and passionate about artists, music & genres from across the African continent with a network of contacts across the artist, manager, label and tastemaker communities. This is an extremely exciting position in a fast-growing region.
Your responsibilities are likely to grow and change during your time with us. This is a short overview of some of the responsibilities you will help the Apple Music editorial team with:
- Identify trends and compile information from disparate sources to find insights that will help drive the business in various Sub-Saharan African markets
- Act as a liaison between the Apple Music team and the independent labels, artists and artist managers across the continent.
- Track and collate weekly pitches from labels and partners.
- Generate ideas for content campaigns that will surprise and delight our customers.
- Curate and programme our Sub-Saharan Africa genre pages and playlists, to ensure that we present music to our subscribers that is fresh, impactful, meaningful, culturally relevant, highly compelling and engaging.
- Act as a liaison between the Apple Music team and the lyrics team to ensued that various tracks on playlists have lyrics.
Qualification / Requirements:
- BA or equivalent degree/tertiary education preferred
- Impeccable understanding of the African music industry dynamics, including independent and major labels on the continent as well as digital music services
- Experience in radio, TV or digital music services with playlisting and programming on the background is beneficial.
- A network of contacts across the artist, manager, label and tastemaker communities within the music industry. Skills and
- Strong organisational abilities.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work on Content Management Systems.
- An ear for the hottest new songs and artists relevant to our target customers