Mothers2Mothers (m2m): Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Communications Internships Program 2022
Closing Date: 18 February 2022
Job Type: Internships (Contract)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
mm2m is looking for an inspired, passionate, hardworking, and ambitious Communications Intern.
The purpose of the role is to support the Communications team in achieving its strategic goals for 2022, which include planning and executing a successful roll-out of the organisation’s new strategic plan, supporting the recruitment and training of a new cohort of m2m Spokeswomen, and helping the organisation improve its internal communications.
This internship offers an exciting, in-depth immersion in a range of communications activities
- Create evergreen social media content
- Contribute to website blogs, email content, internal and external articles, social media posts, and others as needs dictate.
- Record voiceovers for m2m videos.
- Assist in recruitment and training of new m2m Spokeswomen
- Lead on developing Spokeswomen newsletter
- Research and rehearsal to prepare spokeswomen for external engagements
- Support on Head Office and country activations of the new m2m strategy, including content development, meeting planning, gathering feedback and other tasks relevant to the project.
- Play an active role in the development of the fortnightly internal staff newsletter, including ownership of at least one section.
- Work closely with other departments to fulfil all internal communication needs; such as advising and distributing communications materials.
- Support Communications Assistant and other team members as required with tasks including:
- All administrative documents to be filled out and submitted according to Finance and G&C timelines.
- All m2m assets correctly and timeously filed.
- Act as Internal Liaison for Communications Department to obtain and update information;
- Assist with website maintenance, including image captions etc.
- Play a role in department analytics – collect and analyse data on department performance and suggest spaces for improvement.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Diploma or degree in:
- Or any similar field.
- Matric/Grade 12
- While we will consider applications from new graduates, those with at least some relevant professional experience will be prioritised.
- Excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (especially PPT and Word).
- Committed team player with ability to foster strong working relations in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise on all levels
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within a pressurised environment
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Understanding and patience when working closely with colleagues from other cultures with various languages.
- Compassion, respect, and understanding of the work that m2m does.
- A team player who is highly adaptive, works well under time pressure, and has a sense of humour.
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Skills or experience in digital marketing and content management, using tools such as WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Social Media Channels.
- Skills or experiences in employee engagement and internal communications.