Overberg Water Board: Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the SCM Internships Program 2022
Closing Date: 21 February 2022
Job Type: Internships (Contract)
Location: Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
SCM Intern will be offered an opportunity to learn the procurement process within Overberg Water and will be reporting directly to the Procurement Accountant.
The successful candidate given an opportunity to learn the following functions but not limited to:
- Compilation of bids/quotations in accordance with SCM policies and procedures and legislative framework.
- Administration of contracts in accordance with SCM policies and contract management framework.
- Maintenance of the contract register and update the status of the contracts.
- Preparation of necessary documentations for the briefing sessions for tenders and quotations.
- Processing purchase requisitions from the end users within the stipulated timeframes.
- Creation of purchase orders for goods and services and also assisting Accounts Payable to expediate the payment of invoices.
- Filing of SCM documentations and ensuring the security, accessibility and easy retrieval of documents when they are required.
- Publishing of bid received and awarded on National Treasury E Tender Portal and OWB website.
- Advertisement of tender on National Treasury E Tender Portal, OWB website and CIDB(if applicable).
- Closing of tender in line with SCM policy and applicable legislative requirement.
- Preparation of procurement report for request for quotations or request for proposal.
- Degree / B-Tech in:
- Supply Chain
- Computer literacy
- Problem solving skills,
- Customer service skills,
- Communication skills,
- Team player and
- Willingness to learn across all functions