National Heritage Council (NHC): Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the IT Internships Program 2022
Closing Date: 15 February 2022
Job Type: Internships (Contract)
Location: Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa
The National Heritage Council (NHC) based in Hatfield, Pretoria is implementing a Graduate Internship Programme as part of its contribution to the skills development initiative.
The NHC invites graduates to apply for a 24 months Internship opportunity to resume from 01 March 2022 to 28 February 2024.
- Between the ages of 18 and 35 years may apply.
- South African citizens by birth may apply.
- Must be currently Unemployed
- Students that still need to finish or qualify for a Degree or National Diploma should not apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis to understand the user needs
- Assist in the development and improvement of the software to meet the user needs
- Conduct tests and identify errors of the programs
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and debugging
- Help with the software implementations, for example by providing training and support for the staff who will operate the software
- Provide IT Support
- Network maintenance and installation
- Install printers
- Source equipment
- Support Microsoft Windows & Office technologies (Desktop, Server, Cloud)
- Repair and Maintenance of IT equipment
- Set up computers and accounts for new users
- Vendor management
- Support of network switches and Wi-Fi (including Wi-Fi support)
- Testing of new systems as and when required, including new service implementation and project management when necessary
- Provide technical support to virtual and other online training and other administrative support
- Microsoft Active directory and Group Policy management
- MS Server support and maintenance
- General technical support
- Completed a three (3)-year Degree or National Diploma in the Information Technology field.
- A+ N+ MCSA added advantage
- Office 365 Knowledge
- Microsoft 365 Certified added advantage
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and take on additional responsibilities of and when required
- Knowledge of SQL, website development added advantage
- Knowledge of IT Security
- Basic knowledge of server administration