Funza Lushaka and the Department of Education Invite Students to Apply for the Bursary Program 2022
Closing Date: 01 February 2022
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: South Africa
Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme applications are now open for 2022. The Funza Lushaka Bursary takes care of all the university costs so that you can pursue your studies without any financial burden.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme that promotes teaching as a profession. The bursaries are provided to students who may complete a teaching qualification in an area recognised as a priority.
In order to qualify for the bursary, you need to be studying or wish to study a Bachelor of Education (BEd) or a Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) at a public university.
- In order to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Learners, currently in Grade 12;
- Graduates who want to complete a teaching qualification (enroll for a PGCE);
- People who want to make a career change and become teachers; and
- Unemployed people who want to become teachers.
They cover the following:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation including meals
- Books and learning materials
- A possible small allowance for monthly living expenses