Allan Gray Orbis Foundation Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Grants Officer Internships 2022
Closing Date: 30 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
An opportunity to deepen your knowledge of the philanthropic landscape and develop key grant-making skills in a professional team within a growing Grant-making Centre of Excellence. The inspiring and flexible working environment in Cape Town.
A 12-month internship opportunity from 01 January 2022 – 31 December 2022.
- Support the effective management of the entire grant life cycle, from request for proposal to grant closure, including developing and/or analysing opportunities, conducting thorough due diligence, maintaining, and updating the grant management system, drafting grant agreements, preparing payments, tracking milestones, reviewing, and monitoring grantee reporting.
- Provide input into grantee capacity building interventions and workshop coordination.
- Assist with grant communications during Philanthropy Initiative campaigns and support the development of newsletters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively develop strong, professional relationships and partnerships with Philanthropy Initiative partners, including grantees and Ambassadors.
- Increase technical knowledge in core focus areas and share insights and observations with the grant-making team and other stakeholders as relevant.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in:
- Economics, or similar.
- Preference will be given to EE candidates.
- You are someone who is passionate about development and want to grow in this space.
- You have a positive demeanour with strong inter-personal skills and will contribute to developing and learning from a dynamic, diverse team.
- You are able to source, synthesize, and effectively present information, and enjoy writing for different audiences.
- You are a quick learner and self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-moving, team orientated environment.
- You are a great communicator with excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Your attention to detail is excellent and you want to develop strong analytical and reporting skills.
- You are good at building relationships with diverse groups of people.
- You are adaptable and are willing to identify and try new ways of doing things.
- Technology is a good friend.