National Oilwell Varco Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Apprenticeships Program 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 18 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
We are looking for 3 x Apprenticeships in the trades of:
- CNC Turner
- As a millwright Apprentice to learn the trade of Millwright, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school.
- As a CNC Turner Apprentice to learn the trade of CNC Turner, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school.
- As a Boilermaker Apprentice to learn the trade of Boilermaker, practical & theoretical, and to pass trade tests by on-the-job training and trade school.
- Must be proficient with and have passed Matric
- Same practical work as specified under Trainee Boilermaker, Mechanical, Fitter, Electrical Operator
- Complete theoretical & practical syllabus as per training modules
- Exposure to practical on-the-job training
- Must be able to pass theoretical and practical tests for the different levels as per training program
- Explanation of works instructions (shop docs) and facilitating work flow by reading of drawing details and executing the work instructions as per the work management system.
- Assisting in issuing of maintenance processes.
- Effectively report any HSE or productivity issues through the correct channels
- Work to achieve high quality in the turning of component parts
- Be proficient in the use of all machining equipment used in the Fabrication Department
- Technical Grade 12 with Maths (Standard or Higher Grade); Science (Standard or Higher Grade) (essential)
- Any other trade-related subjects to a Grade 12 level (desirable)
- Good people skills (essential)
- Attention to details (essential)
- Ability and willingness for learning (essential