City of Johannesburg Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Climate Change / Environmental Sciences Internships 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 24 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
This internship program is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by the tertiary institutions for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquiring an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Environmental & Infrastructure Service Department (EISD) has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months
- Assist the climate Change Sub-unit with drafting the Climate Action Plan implementation plan, including the collation of greenhouse gas emissions data for reporting purposes.
- Assist with implementation of Climate change projects.
- Must have Grade 12 / Matric;
- Must be able to work extended hours as and when required;
- Ages between 18 – 35 years;
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered
Matric plus a Diploma/Degree in:
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Development Studies
- High level confidentiality;
- Value and Integrity;
- Attention to detail and quality focused;
- Knowledge of local government policies, protocol and procedures; Batho Pele Principles