CSIR Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Distributed Ledger Technology Internships 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 12 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for an Intern in the Emerging Digital Technologies for the fourth Industrial Revolution (EDT4IR) Research Centre within the Next Generation Enterprises and Institutions Cluster.
The purpose of the Internship is to provide graduates with an opportunity to gain practical work experience through providing technical support to the research and development team with the designing, development, and implementation of DLT systems architecture and solutions. This position is based in Pretoria.
Under supervision, the Intern will be required to:
- Develop innovative solutions in DLT and remain well-versed in new technologies in the evolving DLT space;
- Contribute towards science engineering and technology (SET) activity outputs e.g. reports, guidelines, system requirements, peer-reviewed publications, and technology and software packages;
- Support research work related to DLT;
- Conduct desktop research and literature search;
- Conduct data collection and capturing;
- Remain current in field of expertise with respect to new approaches in tools, methods or technologies.
- A Bachelor’s degree in:
- Computer science/engineering,
- Electrical/Electronic engineering,
- Information technology
- or related field;
- An Honour’s or Master’s degree will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of DLT and software development in DLT Technologies will be advantageous;
- Good understanding of computer science fundamentals and programming skills;
- Good quantitative skills (mathematics/statistics/computer science);
- Ability to work independently as well as in an interdisciplinary team;
- Problem-solving, solution-seeking orientation;
- Good communication, presentation and writing skills.