Caterpillar Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Parts Operations Graduate Programs 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 30 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
For a period of 13 months, the Caterpillar’s Graduate program offers entry-level positions within the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
The program gives an opportunity to become a fixed employee if job performance is high & hiring possibilities are available.
The Graduate Programme will introduce you to the follwong:
Parts Excellence Program:
- Understand the Parts Excellence Program through various Parts Operations assessments available.
- Support the team’s consultants as they work on improving dealer capability.
- Assist with the program metrics and attributes tracking to attain global consistency among dealers and across industries.
Parts Operations analytics:
- Familiarize yourself with the facts, data, and key performance indicators we use to identify market insights that will support change.
- Learn how to use analytical work to identify solutions and leverage existing practices.
Aftermarket Business acumen:
- S&OP. Sales. Operations. Planning. Participate in the gathering of future events expected on the market that will influence the supply chain in collaboration with Aftermarket sales teams (Cat and Dealers).
- Join our forward planning effort to support customer’s parts availability and dealer profitability improvements.
- Support parts sales forecast report needs and learn how to continuously monitor sales targets.
Cross functional expertise & self-starter mindset:
- Participate in projects made of subject matter experts, in support of dealer transformation through innovation, prioritization, and execution of projects.
- Learn how to influence through strong communication skills to sustain the engagement of your partners, internal (Cat) but also external (Dealers) and to document best practices and identify scalable projects.
Bachelor’s Degree or relevant working experience in:
- Parts distribution,
- or Logistics,
- or Inventory management,
- or Order management,
- or Supply chain management,
- or Sales & Operations planning (S&OP).
- A ‘’Nothing is impossible” approach! You enjoy being reactive as much as proactive to fix and anticipate issues.
- Fluent in English and other languages are a plus.
- Business acumen and customer service mindset.
- Advanced in Excel/PowerBI and PowerPoint: Other tools are a plus.
- Accountable, you are passionate about what you do