SA National Space Agency Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 28 October 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Hermanus, Western Cape, South Africa
SANSA runs an Internship Programme in which unemployed graduates and postgraduates are offered an opportunity to acquire practical work experience through mentoring, coaching and exposure to a research environment.
Unemployed graduates and postgraduates who are interested in research management; research support and administration may also apply for this opportunity.
Stipends will be paid to volunteers according to their qualifications ranging from approximately R4500 for National Diploma NQF Level 6 to R7700 for PhD NQF Level 10.
- Assist with School Science Support programmes and Science outreach activities
- Contribute to the development of science education material
- Organize and facilitate science and technology awareness events
- Travel for outreach work
- Between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of submitting an application;
- Hold a completed National Diploma qualification as a minimum in one of the below-mentioned fields of study
- Be a South African citizen or South African Permanent Resident (with a valid South African Identity Document).
Fields of study:
Diploma / Degree in the following fields:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computer Science
- Science Education
- Space Science
NB. Volunteers will be based at the SANSA Science Centre in Hermanus. This is a one-year contract position (1 December 2021 –30 November 2022)