SAFCOL Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Apprenticeships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 22 October 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Makhado, Limpopo, South Africa
Artisan Development Programme – Apprenticeships 2022
Applications are invited from unemployed youth who wish to pursue a career as an Artisan. The suitable candidates will be granted an opportunity to be enrolled at a Recognised Training Centre for a period of three years. They will also be required to undergo workplace training at our sawmill Timbadola near Louise Trichardt (Makhado).
The Apprenticeship Programme Consists of the Following Artisan Trades:
- Fitter & Turner
- Diesel Mechanic (Motor trade)
- Boiler Making
- Must be South African Citizen
- Must be an unemployed youth between 19 to 35 years old
- Must have passed/completed grade 12 (not a prerequisite but recommended)
- Must have a minimum of N2 or Level 3 Technical Vocational, Education & Training (TVET) certificate with the relevant trade theory
Learners will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the apprenticeship. When making the final selection, preference will be given to Previously Disadvantaged Individuals, people with disabilities, females and youths from communities adjacent to our plantations.
On successful completion of the occupational knowledge, practical and workplace learning, the Skills Development Act requires that apprentices undergo a final summative assessment (Trade test) to be certified as a qualified artisan.