PPECB Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 30 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: South Africa
PPECB invites unemployed and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Agri Export Technologist Programme. The Agri Export Technologist Programme offers high-potential, disadvantaged graduates the opportunity to gain exposure to agri-export technology while receiving an accredited qualification – National Certificate: Perishable Product Technology ( SAQA ID: 5834; NQF Level 5 ).
During this 12-month development opportunity, successful candidates are placed at inspection points in various regions under the mentorship of PPECB specialists.
Students are exposed to quality assurance practices applicable to specific perishable products ( i.e. citrus, grapes, etc.).
Accredited facilitators provide formal theoretical training on:
- Export legislation and certification
- Factors influencing export
- Food safety
- Product knowledge
- Cold chain management
- Total quality management systems and viability
- Recent innovations
NB. Students are placed close to where they reside; however, due to the seasonal nature of the industry out-placement can be required.
Requirements / Competencies:
- 3-year qualification in one of the following fields:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Food Technology
- Environmental Health
- Do you have a strong academic history?
- Do you have strong interpersonal skills?
- Are you competent in the use of the English language?
- Are you currently unemployed?