Motus Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Accounting Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 16 October 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Management Accountant Intern is responsible for analysis and interpretation of business operations, the environment the business operates in and for reporting to manage key business insights/findings.
Includes but is not limited to:
- Prepare trend analysis of monthly management accounts and other financial information.
- Assist in formulating models for profitability profile of Kia revenue streams.
- Attended to management queries seeking insights on operational performance and developing trends within the business.
- Develop report writing skills in order to articulate findings and results of work performed to management.
- Develop an understanding of micro economic environment and impact thereof to Kia SA.
- Develop ability to organise and interpret raw data and develop meaningful insights.
- Analysis of the organisations input costs and comparison thereof against competitors and industry standards.
- Understanding the organisation’s value chain and ability to draw insights on how broader business trends impact Kia.
- Assist management in developing responses and action plans to address items highlighted to management.
- Gain an understanding of the history of Kia SA, positioning in local vehicle market and aspirations of the Brand.
- BCom degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Theoretical knowledge of the South African regulatory framework (Income Tax act, VAT act, Companies Act).
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, accounting packages)
- Highly driven and inquisitive nature
- Keen eye
- Critical thinker
- Willing to learn and develop
- Good analytical & numerical skills
- Results and deadline driven
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation