Adams & Adams Invites Unemployed Matriculates to Apply for the Secretarial Trainee Learnerships Programme 2022
Closing Date: 04 November 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
The aim of the Learnership is still to provide the best possible training to enable these candidates to be immediately employable at the end of the training in any secretarial position. Only twelve candidates are selected annually after passing a thorough computer, keyboarding and linguistic skills test.
Trainees will receive a stipend for participating in the learnership.
About the Programme:
The course runs for a period of one year from 1 March to 28 February the next year, with a mid-year exam and a stringent final exam. Practical training takes place in all of the following departments: Patents, Trade Marks, Commercial and Conveyancing.
During the first 5-6 months typing/keyboarding skills are developed, with an introduction to the legal environment and working life in general. Only those trainees who have excelled during this phase will be able to continue with Phase II, which is more advanced and prepares the trainees for the work environment, concentrating on typing speed, advanced audio typing, spreadsheets and presentations, as well as other essential secretarial skills, such as proficient note-taking, writing letters and memos, taking initiative and responsibility, and preparing all kinds of relevant correspondence.
The best student on the course receives an accolade for performing well academically, and for excelling in all areas of the training. By portraying a positive attitude, this student contributes to enhancing the image of Adams & Adams.
What is the content of the course?
- Computyping (including MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills)
- Typing speed (goal is 60 wpm),
- Audio Typing
- Basic Accounting
- Legal Theory
- Basic English – writing, reading, comprehension and advanced spelling
- Written and spoken English for business purposes
- Professional image and grooming
- Telephone etiquette
- Time management
- Financial planning
- Life skills
- Practical training – administrative and secretarial
- Business Administration Services Qualification (learnership):
- Module 1: Administration processes
- Module 2: Information and communication
- Module 3: Work in an office
- Module 4: Problem solving and admin
- Module 5: Teamwork
Who should apply?
Anyone from a previously disadvantaged background who is interested in becoming a secretary in the legal environment, specifically intellectual property.
- Must be aged between 18 and 30 years
- Grade 12 / Matric certificate with Computer Studies or A post matric qualification with Typing or Keyboarding and MS Office applications, with a minimum of 25 wpm
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal skills are important; a C-symbol (between 60% and 69%) is advantageous
- Willingness to work hard and learn everything you can