Department of Education Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Teacher Assistant Positions at Public Schools 2021
Closing Date: 10 October 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: South Africa
As part of the Presidential Employment Stimulus Programme, the Department of Education is inviting unemployed youth to apply for assistant positions at Public and LSEN schools across all provinces. Apply for Assistant posts in Public and LSEN schools across South Africa.
All successful candidates will be placed in schools for 5 months, from 01 November 2021 to 31 March 2022.
- Education Assistance – Curriculum
- Education Assistant – ICT/e-Cadres
- Education Assistant – Reading Champions
- General School Assistant – Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant – Handyman (no matric required)
- General School Assistant – Sports and Enrichment Agent (no matric required)
Duration: For 5 months from the beginning of November
Monthly Stipend: R3827 monthly stipend (less UIF of R38 per month)
What are The Criteria?
- Must have Grade 12 / Matric
- 18 – 35 years of age (must not turn 36 before 31 March 2022)
- Live within walking distance from the school
- Must not be working, studying or training (even part-time)
- Must not be receiving a government grant (NSFAS, Funza Lushaka,)
- No criminal record
- Planning and organization.
- Good Communication skills.
- Interpersonal relations.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Testimonials (former school, local chief, church leader ect)
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Affidavit/Declaration by applicant stating he/she has no criminal record while waiting on the police clearance.
- Certified qualifications such as Matric ( applicable: where NQF Level 4 qualification certificate, for Education Assistant applicants with NQF Level 6 and 7 and added advantage.
- Certified copy of identity document/passport