Netcare Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Finance / Accounting Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Finance Intern: Compliance is responsible and accountable for providing support in ensuring that the Hospital Division is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to its industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices, and internal standards, including but not limited to applicable taxation legislation, taxation practice, treasury practices, regulatory requirements, CSA requirement, and internal policies and procedures.
Include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to Netcare Hospitals with respect to Treasury Administration within the Hospital Division. This includes, but not limited to, facilitating user access administration (new user, user termination, changes in user access rights, re-set of passwords).
- Maintain and revise policies and procedures to ensure general compliance to treasury and fidelity requirements of the business.
- Maintain an effective compliance communication program for the division including promoting heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees in the Hospital division.
- Collaborate with all departments (e.g. Risk Management, Internal Audit, Human resources etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
Bachelor’s Degree preferably in:
- Accounting /
- Finance or
- Equivalent NQF 7 level qualification
- Attention to detail and quality of deliverables.
- Accounting knowledge (IFRS and equivalent standards).
- Workable knowledge of key elements of the VAT Act, Income Tax Act and Companies Act and other relevant legislation.
- Advanced computer literacy (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) – High proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets and reconciliations.
- Report writing.