Danfoss Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Logistics Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Logistics Intern for a period of 1 year. The purpose of the role would be to deliver a service within the areas of freight and import/export from and/or to Danfoss suppliers, distribution centres, manufacturing plants, campuses, and customers.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing & processing customs procedures with customs for import and export.
- Managing inbound/outbound customs documentations.
- Coordinating with Custom authorities, freight forwarders and Internal/external customers.
- Delivering high quality freight, shipping and import/export services measured against the various Service Level Agreements.
- Monitoring and coordinating transportation services with 3PL, Danfoss factory and cross trade shipments.
- Coordinating with Custom authorities and internal partners on Global trade management information such as Tariff codes for products etc.
- Delivering data and analysis of RFQs and logistic services suppliers’ performance.
- Booking shipments on daily basis.
- Analysing and suggesting improvements in respect to transit time and cost.
- Coordinating with SARS and EY on preparing PTP application (start to end process).
Background & Skills
It would be ideal, however not essential, for the ideal candidate to possess:
- knowledge related to the compliance of local customs regulation.
- Custom clearance knowledge as well as preparation of inbound and outbound custom documents.
- knowledge of import/export regulation and compliance in South Africa as well as North African countries.
- the ability to handle local Custom queries independently.
- knowledge of HS code Tariff system.
The successful candidate will:
- display the ability to work independently
- demonstrate attention to detail / quality
- possess good planning and organising skills
- be a good problem solver
- have a customer focus orientation
- build stakeholder relationships
- show initiative
- be a team player
- display strong written and verbal communication skills.