Samancor Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Geology Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 27 September 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
The Graduate will be trained and technically exposed to mineral resources management. The graduate will gain experience in the role and responsibilities of a geologist and beneficiation value chain.
- Geological Data: Acquire, process, interpret and present geological data on development, stope, mine maps and sections. Communicate geological data and recommendations to mine personnel.
- Surface Exploration: Perform core logging and sampling of boreholes, capturing and interpreting data
- Geological Database: Review and update the geological database, and Assist in mineral resource/ore reserve estimates
- Reports: Write monthly and Ad hoc geological reports to the responsible mineral resources superintendent.
- BSc Hons (Geology) Degree only!
- Attention to details
- Assertive, confident and adaptable
- Proactive, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to priorities own workload and work to deadlines