Monocle Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Analyst Graduate Internships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Sandton, South Africa
Each year, Monocle welcomes a group of the finest analysts into our company, who complete an intensive in-house training programme at the start of their employment to prepare them for their new career within the company.
All candidates accepted into the Analyst Graduate Programme are guaranteed permanent employment, so we are looking for the perfect fit for the Monocle family and are committed to a long-term investment in the best talent available. What we do is unique, but we will ensure that you are prepared to take on the challenge through our comprehensive analyst programme, as well as ongoing mentorship from our top executives.
On completion of your initial training, you will be elevated to the consulting team – and begin solving real-world banking and insurance challenges.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working in a team of consultants.
- Engaging with senior stakeholders and clients.
- Performing data analysis and data mining on large data sets.
- Documenting business and data requirements.
- Documenting functional and technical requirements for large system implementations.
- Design and implement management reports and dashboards.
- Write, read and analyse various computer programming languages, for example SQL.
- Compiling presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Identifying and anticipating risks within projects and escalating such risks or concerns to the relevant Senior Manager and/or stakeholder (both internal and external to Monocle).
- Solving complex industry specific problems.
- Ensuring a high quality of deliverables and outputs on all projects.
- Participating in internal Monocle projects.
- Continuously developing business knowledge and technical skills in the areas in which Monocle provides consulting services.
Monocle is looking for individuals that:
- Are open-minded and adaptable to change.
- Are looking to gain consulting experience in various fields.
- Are able to perform under high pressure whilst meeting client objectives.
- Respect Monocle’s values and support their colleagues.
- Are looking to participate in a fast-paced company culture.
- Are always challenging themselves to grow and improve their knowledge and technical skills.
- Trust that the management of Monocle will lead them towards success.
- Are invested in building a better and stronger South Africa.
Honours or Masters degree in:
- Business Science,
- Risk Management,
- Information Technology,
- Computer Science
- or any other relevant areas.
- Tools such as SQL, SAS, VBA, Python and BI are advantageous.
- Certifications in CFA, CIMA and/or FRM are advantageous.