Gauteng Department of Education Invites Unemployed Graduates and Students to Apply for the Examinations Assistants 2021
Closing Date: 18 September 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
- An appropriate recognised Academic qualification: Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate / National Senior Certificate Vocational.
- Only registered students at tertiary institutions, unemployed persons with one or more tertiary qualification and unemployed graduates may apply.
- Applicants must possess advanced numerical skills with Mathematics or Accounting as a compulsory subject.
- Second year and above tertiary students will be advantaged.
- Please indicate previous experience in examinations administration as an Examination Assistant [ Marking Centre or Office based].
- The nature of the work is linked to tight deadlines and thus requires that the successful candidate be able to work under pressure.
- Daily receive, check, control, scan and pack scripts for marking including indexed archival of scripts after marking.
- Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheets per batch, subject, paper, and examination session are received, controlled, scanned and these packed for the correct marking venue.
- Ensure that discrepancies regarding the above are addressed per batch, subject, paper, examination session.
- Ensure each bag of scripts include two copies of MP Flow control list of contents, and bag tagged with the correct marking venue colour coded label.
- Create a marking centre file of all scripts to be dispatched for each of the marking venue.
- Assist with dispatching of scripts to the marking venues.
- Receive, control and archive marked scripts at Head Office for easy retrieval as and when required.
- Receive control and distribute scripts to marking teams.
- Ensure the correct number of scripts and marksheet per batch during marking.
- Assist with controlling, distribution and scanning of scripts.
- Ensure all questions are marked, marks added correctly and correctly transferred to the front cover of the script.
- Ensure that the total on each script is correct and correctly transferred to the marksheet.
- Ensure that discrepancies regarding all the above are addressed by the marking teams and amendments effected accordingly on both the script and marksheet.
- Reconcile the number of scripts, control and arrange scripts per subject, paper, numerically for indexed archival after marking.