BDO Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Junior Accountant Graduates Internships Programme 2021
Closing Date: 31 December 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
The Junior Accountant/SAIPA Trainee will compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep client financial records up to date and complete. To process accounting transactions, and if applicable payroll functions, for clients.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Client satisfaction and service delivery developing and maintaining the client relationship through communication, listening and responsiveness.
- Collaboration-Communicate and escalate client’s needs to senior/team leader for action and follow up.
- Application and adherence with BS&A policies & procedures (SOP’s).
- To capture data and performing of accounting, and if applicable payroll functions, for clients.
- Improve margins through efficiency, ensures timesheets and travel claims are submitted on time in Maconomy according to department admin policy.
- Manage assigned clients, to meet client and statutory deadlines.
- Maintain productivity as determined by management annually.
- Manage own recoverable time in accordance with budget and communicate timeously with Senior/Supervisor/Manager should budget deadlines not be met.
- Analyse and report time spent per job, detailing reason for exceeding budget.
- Analyse time spent versus budgeted time and implement improvement to increase own efficiency and productivity.
- Meet set productivity targets as communicated.
- Strive for Growth and Development as a strategic imperative.
- Adhere to BS&A SOPs and quality processes and provide feedback to its improvement to Supervisor/Senior/Manager.
- Processing accounting transactions to be accurate, complete and timeous.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Grade 12 with Formal qualification e.g. BComm.
- Computer literacy and limited exposure to accounting packages
- Relationships and Collaboration
- Exceptional Client Service
- Business Growth
- Engaging People
- Inclusive Agile Leadership/ Management
- Quality, Risk Management & Operational Transformation
- Department Specific/ Role Specific