Maitland Group Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Trainee Administrator Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 17 September 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Douglas, South Africa
The Trainee Administrator will work as part of a Client Workgroup within the Fiduciary Services Team and will assist team members in dealing with all aspects of the administration of multi-jurisdictional trusts and companies.
The successful candidate will receive training on a day to day basis by a buddy or a mentor. Personal Development Plans will be agreed upon with the successful candidate and training will be provided as necessary.
- Be willing to study either ICSA or STEP
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trainee Administrator will be expected to:
- Maintain company and trust records including due diligence.
- Open and maintain bank accounts, reviewing and filing bank statements
- Liaise with clients, professional advisors and other third parties
- Preparation of documents in relation to transactions including minutes and resolution
- Arrange payment instructions for a variety of payments as and when required
- Provide regular assistance and absence cover for our centralised banking and payments team
- Follow policies and procedures
- Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance Indicators
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required
- Maintain accurate timesheets daily in accordance with the client work undertaken
Skills and Competencies
- Contribute to the teamwork ethos, being responsible and living the Maitland values.
- Ability to work as a member of their immediate team or a wider team across different jurisdictions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and management in several different jurisdictions.
- Have a pro-active approach to work and a positive can-do attitude
- Use initiative and demonstrate good time management
- Be highly organised with a systematic work method and good attention to detail
- Have an ability to prioritise and plan your workload
- Be computer literate with a good knowledge of MS Office