Dis-Chem invites Unemployed Matriculates to Apply for the Dispensary Support Learnerships Programme 2021
- Location: South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: September 23, 2021
Dis-Chem: Dispensary Support Learnership Programme 2021
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Sefako Makgatho store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on-the-job learning. Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualify ed as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation, or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African PharmaceuticalCouncil.
- Ensure accurate picking/packing/labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics (HG), Life Science/Physical Science (obtained at least an average of 50%)
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline-driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem-solving, team player, confl ict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honesty.
- Computer, numerical skills.
How to Apply