WaterAid SA Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Programme Officer Internships 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 10 September 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
WaterAid is looking for an Intern-Programme Officer to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within the South Africa Programme Management Team, the Intern-Programme Officer will:
Provide support to the Programme Manager for the implementation of projects and programmes in South Africa, including the implementation and delivery of the current projects in water, sanitation, and hygiene, and in particular the COVID-19 programme response interventions in South Africa.
Support the programme’s research, communication and documentation processes including capturing and dissemination of partner and community voices.
Support preparation and coordination of workshops, meetings and events including taking minutes of meetings.
Learn and acquire WASH programming experience from the regional team, while contributing towards the fulfilment of WaterAid’s aims and mission, within a South Africa remit.
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s graduate in any of the following or related fields: Environmental Health Science, Water Engineering, IWRM, Public Health or Development Studies (obtained no longer than two years ago). Or equivalent experience.
- Interested in the field of development, especially in WASH.
- Able to plan and manage diverse tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent in writing and conversing in English.
- Good in computer skills (Microsoft packages).
- Fully committed to WaterAid’s vision, mission and values and a way of working that demonstrates this, with the ability to communicate this enthusiasm to others.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.