Africa Health Research Institute Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Procurement Internships 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 10 September 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Mtubatuba, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
The AHRI Procurement Intern will be responsible for procurement administration functions and procuring of goods and services that the organization requires. Note: From time to time you may be required to perform other related duties and tasks as authorised by your Line Manager.
- Requesting information from the suppliers for adding to the database
- Help the Procurement team with supplier classifications on the database.
- Identify inactive suppliers on the system and flag for deletion.
- Preparing attendance registers and documentation for site briefings
- Assisting Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist with tenders and contracts administration
- Request for invoices where invoices are not presented on delivery.
- Expedite long overdue purchase orders and give a report to Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist.
- Support procurement team on procurement metrics data collection/analysis and reporting and identify the opportunity for improvement.
- Document Control.
Finance System Administration:
- Responsible for the capture of new supplier details and for effecting necessary amendments and updates to the database with guidance from Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist.
- Capture purchase requisitions on SAP
- Ensure that invoices/delivery notes are forwarded to Finance daily.
- Request quotes from suppliers on behalf of users
- Forwards quotes to the buyer or Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist for evaluation.
- Provide appropriate purchasing support to internal and external customers with the guidance of Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist.
- Update various procurement spreadsheets and forward to Supply Chain and Contracts Specialist for checking.
- Ensures goods, materials and services comply with order specifications.
- Capture orders on the SAP system
- 3 years National Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain /Purchasing or similar in a related field
- Microsoft Excel, Word to skills/experience required