Caterpillar Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Engineering or Business Graduate Programme 2021
Closing Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering or Business Graduate to undertake a 12-month internship at CAT a long-established global brand with a reputation for developing its people.
This is an ideal role for an Engineering Graduate that is looking to utilize their Engineering knowledge in a more commercially focused position. Bringing your Engineering or Business Degree, Tenacity, Drive, Enthusiasm, and Ambition to the table, we will provide you with a platform for personal and professional development.
We offer a complete Graduate Internship Program for a period of 13 months from 1 October 2021 – September 2022 in Johannesburg.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities:
Provide support to Supervisors, division managers,s and EAME Aftermarket Solutions Reps with project management, data analysis, results tracking, events coordination, communication, and coordination of division activities. You will transform data into meaningful and actionable insights
The candidate works as a Junior Aftermarket Solutions Consultant and will have to:
- Support Customer Segment Projects including coordinating trainings & events
- Facilitate multi-functional team communication and project management of deployment plans for team’s initiatives together with internal partners and dealers.
- Lead data gathering and data cleansing processes on a project-based basis
- Build and manage ad-hoc tools to automate data analysis / visualization of parts product performance
- Develop understanding of dealer and services and enable quality of analysis and recommendations
- Support optimizing parts sales variance utilization
- Support the team with identifying and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities
- Report on business KPI’s
- Monitor alignment with partners and division’s strategy
- Business or Engineering/Technical background (min. bachelor’s degree level required).
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Project management with a focus on results outcomes
- Basic statistical knowledge, Basic understanding of databases is required
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Pivot tables, macros, VBA, Power Point).
- Knowledge of data visualization tools such Tableau is a strong plus.
- Demonstrated ability to translate data analysis into business recommendation
Interpersonal skills and behaviors
- Customer approach – empathy, focus, responsibility, drive, optimism
- Able to influence others
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team player with an ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously