Petra Diamonds Invites Applicants to Apply for the Apprenticeships Programme 2021 / 2022
Closing Date: 24 August 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Cullinan Diamond Mine, Cullinan, Pretoria.
Reference No: 018/2021
Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labor-sending area of Tshwane Municipality (Proof
of residence may be requested).
Applications are invited from technically-minded persons who are interested to be trained in one of
the following trades:
- PLATER WELDER
- DIESEL MECHANIC
Successful candidates will need to commit to the four-year training programme which will entail +/- 16-20 weeks per
year training at an accredited Mining Qualifications Training Centre as determined by Cullinan Diamond Mine, varying
periods within different working sections on surface and underground at Cullinan Diamond Mine and any other
relevant training as determined by Cullinan Diamond Mine Training Section.
- An N2 certificate including the four relevant subjects of Maths, Engineering Science, Trade Theory and a fourth subject as required by the trade; or
- Relevant Engineering NCV Certificate with seven subjects at NQF Level 3; or
- Technical Grade 12 with Maths, Science, Language and related trade theory subject
- Ability to communicate in English (written & verbal)
- ONLY APPLICATIONS ON THE COMPANY’S APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATION FORM WILL BE CONSIDERED
- Grade 12
- Documented proof of practical experience in Engineering, for at least 6 months