PPECB Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the BI Data Engineer Internships Programme 2021
Closing Date: August 23, 2021
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
This is a 12-month graduate internship that requires no formal work experience
To work with data and transform data to be ready to enable master data at the enterprise level and analytics and insights
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the business questions to be answered.
- Understand and analyse the data available to support the business question
- Understand the data models with data relationships
- Develop scripts and stored procedures to Extract, Transform and Load data from various sources into the Data Warehouse or into Master Data Systems
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders in an agile and dynamic environment
- Using programming language to Import new data into master data model
- Using programming language to extract or provision data for subscribing systems.
- Understand and execute data reconciliation between source and target systems
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or final year student in:
- BSc Information Technology
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- BTech Information Technology
- Or any higher qualification PGDip.
- Or Bachelor’s degree in Data Science / Data Analytics / Business Intelligence BEng or BSc
- Knowledge in one or more of the following aspects: Data visualization, – suitable programming language, SQL Design Thinking, Data modelling
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Firm understanding of database functionality and using Excel to analyse data
- Solid programming ability
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively.
- Relentless enthusiasm for data
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- The ability to plan, research, analyse and interpret data.
- Good communication and language skills.
- Display a hunger for knowledge and a willingness to learn for any situation
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced.
- Display honesty and integrity at all times
- Ownership driven, pro-active to self-learn and make progress.