Caterpillar Invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Marketing Internships Programme 2021
Location: South Africa-Johannesburg
Job Type: Full-Time
Closing Date: Not Specified
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Graduate to undertake a 12-month internship at CAT a long-established global brand with a reputation for developing its people.
Bringing your Marketing Degree, Tenacity, Drive, Enthusiasm, and Ambition to the table, we will provide you with a platform for personal and professional development. This role is focused on growing your business development skills such as customer engagement, stakeholder management, and commercial acumen.
We see the successful candidate as someone who after completing a 12-month assignment could undertake roles within customer representative teams.
So if you have completed a degree in Marketing have real drive and an enthusiasm to learn we’d love to hear from you.
The Caterpillar Graduate Internship Program is a mix of on-the-job learning, coupled with personal development and training in a specialized field.
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to provide support to the division manager and team, participate in projects, and coordinate important programs for the division, in the space of dealer capabilities improvements, business plan development, service operations, and marketing/data analysis, results tracking, events coordination.
- Contribute to projects focusing on parts operations process improvements (6 Sigma & gateway methodology / Lean)
- Connect with internal partners as well as Cat dealers to extend your knowledge and network within Caterpillar.
- Learn and familiarize yourself with the enterprise strategy, processes, systems, and methodologies (Services Growth, Sales, Service Operations, etc.)
- Support internal / external communications of the group
- Potential for: event organization, large meeting logistics, and general meeting organization
- Bachelor’s degree required (business, engineering, finance, economics, statistics or analytics)
- Fluent in English. Other languages are a plus (French, German, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or other).
- Strong analytic tools user and IT skills | Ability to analyse and make recommendations on based on facts and data as well as ambiguous data sources | Ideally, experience in one or more of the following: Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, MS Access, SQL, Python
- Any project management certification (eg. 6 Sigma Black Belt, CPS/Lean) is a plus
- A structured approach to problem solving utilising quantitative and qualitative methods
- Business Acumen
Interpersonal skills and behavior:
- Customer approach – Drive, leadership, optimism, focus, responsibility, empathy
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to articulate complex information in a simple and concise way
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with the ability to successfully build relationships with a diverse group of individuals
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to manage own assignments
- Strong accountability. Own the results
How to Apply?