Lancet Invites Unemployed Youth to Apply for the Phlebotomy Technician Learnership Programme 2021
- Location: KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 13 August 2021
To develop learner competence (i.e. broad knowledge, skills and values) in performing phlebotomy techniques within a medical pathology environment.
A Phlebotomy Technician is trained to draw blood and collect specimens from patients or donors. Phlebotomy learners attend structured learning programmes including theory and practical training.
After successful completion of the 24-month training programme and the HPCSA board examination, the learner will be able to register with the HPCSA as a qualified Phlebotomy Technician enabling them to be employed in Medical pathology laboratories and blood donation organisations
Qualification and Experience:
- Grade 12 with English, Mathematics and Biology D symbol
- BSC will be Advantageous
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
Ket Performance Areas:
- Attends formal training programme including lectures, practical training and submission of assignments.
- Writing of Health Professions Council (HPCSA) board examination.
- Meet contractual obligations of Learnership appointment.
- Collection of venous and capillary blood and non-blood specimens for medical and blood donation purposes.
- Implements sound housekeeping procedures in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care.
- Computer literate
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Orientation
- Lateral thinking
- Practical thinking
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
How to Apply