TIPS invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internship Programme 2021
- Location: Hatfield, Pretoria, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: Not Specified
Apply now for the TIPS Internship Programme 2021. TIPS has three internship opportunities available for recently or about to graduate masters’ students. The aim of the internship is to give young researchers the opportunity to acquire work experience, improve their research skills and enhance their understanding of the South African economy.
The internship is structured to give exposure to issues of industrial development, trade and the green economy as well as work on policy orientated projects.
The internship is for 12 months. The intern will directly participate in projects carried out by TIPS.
TIPS also offers the opportunity to conduct individual research, in line with the priorities of the institution. Our research is on generating and analysing evidence-based options for an industrial policy as the key to more inclusive economic growth. You can see more about our work at www.tips.org.za
- Perform economic research under the guidance of the line manager, and provide research input and data analysis;
- Participate in and present research at internal discussions and workshops / events
- Publish research reports through the TIPS website, other publications, conferences, seminars, etc.
A Masters (completed or in final stages of completing) in:
- Economics; or
- Development Studies,
- Environmental Sciences,
- OR any related field and should have also completed Economics III at undergraduate level
- A passion for industrial policy, inclusive economic development and sustainable growth;
- A study background on trade, industrial policy, the manufacturing sector and Sustainable growth.
- Strong communication skills in writing, editing and presentation, with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Strong computer skills, with a proven ability to manipulate data in Excel and knowledge of Stata or SPSS
- Teamwork and an ability to handle tight deadlines
- Competitive remuneration package is on offer
NB. Non-South African applicants should have the authority to work in South Africa.
How to Apply