MSF invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Digital Data Internships Programme 2021
- Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 12 July 2021
He/she will work closely with digital and database teams to keep records of data to track the performance of digital activities against agreed objectives and targets. He/she will assist with developing and managing common definitions, dashboards, and reporting forms, and sharing information between teams and departments. He/she will be very involved in providing data for and assisting coordinators with data analysis for reporting. He/she will also provide some basic administrative support to the team, such as maintaining and updating calendars and project plans.
He/she will develop skills and knowledge in the following area:
- Developing and tracking metrics, KPIs and indicators for digital activities
- Understanding and reporting on digital activities
- Using data to find the answers to specific questions
- Working with teams and people who have different objectives, experiences, etc.
- Project management cycle (planning, production/preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation/reporting) and conceptualising, monitoring and evaluating digital campaigns
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Data Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain an agreed-upon glossary of digital terms, KPIs and indicators for each digital platform to ensure we are using terms and measures consistently (e.g. engagement rate calculated vs reach or impressions)
- Document and store records of all digital accounts, platforms, activities and campaigns (including recording all posts, what images were used, times, etc. for analysis purposes). Records should be kept where they will be available to all teams as per knowledge management protocols – including online and offline records.
- Track and record the performance of all digital activities and campaigns against agreed metrics and targets and at agreed intervals (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly) using analytics tools, spreadsheets and reporting templates
- With the support of all digital teams, develop/update digital dashboards and benchmarks for MSF (where possible shared dashboards) to track performance and trends and to help us link up our data (including social media, website and e-newsletter data)
- Provide data for and assist coordinators with data analysis and reporting
- Organize regular data-sharing sessions and generally assist with ensuring communication and sharing of digital data between teams, units and departments
- Update online notice-boards as part of information sharing
- Use data to try to find answers to specific queries from teams and Director of Comms
- Extract and clean data from salesforce before sending to the call centre.
- Clean and normalize data from call centre before importing back to Salesforce CRM.
- Work with the digital team, maintain updated calendars of upcoming events, international days, deadlines, campaigns and digital activities
- Assist with filing, follow-up on email, and basic office admin tasks related to activities of the digital and data teams
- Schedule and organise internal and external meetings as required
- Participate in brainstorming and planning for digital activities
- Participate in the Knowledge Management Team activities
- In emergencies, be part of the digital emergency team and assist with all aspects of the digital emergency campaign under the supervision and guidance of Online Communication Manager
- Assist database team with data cleansing and normalization.
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing or data sciences – must include some training on social media
- Experience and/or training using analytics platforms to monitor, identify trends, etc.
- Experience of basic data analysis and reporting desirable
- Experience balancing short-term and long-term responsibilities and working quickly when necessary, and working in high-pressure and/or breaking-news situations
Knowledge and skills
- The ability to work across social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Ability to use a variety of computer programmes and platforms, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc.
- A passion for data and data-driven decision-making
- Attention to detail
- A desire to work collaboratively on projects and teach others what you know
- Committed to helping others understand, use and share data
- Interest in working closely with the rest of the Comms team to help develop and streamline MSF SA’s digital communications
- Must love digital
How to apply