Human Rights Watch invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internships Programme 2021
- Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 15 July 2021
The Africa Division of Human Rights Watch (HRW) is seeking a University student intern to be based in its Johannesburg Office. The intern will focus on the internal conflict affecting the Cabo Delgado Province in Mozambique. Ideally, the intern will be available for a minimum of 10-15 hours per week from August to December 2021.
- The internship will consist primarily of press monitoring and compiling reports on news relating to Mozambique, specifically news related to the crisis in Cabo Delgado.
- Other responsibilities may include small research assignments, data management, and analysis, drafting documents regarding issues in Cabo Delgado Province.
- The intern’s duties may also include attending external meetings.
- Other projects may be assigned as they arise that match the student’s interests and abilities
- The intern must be a student for the duration of the internship term.
- Applicants should be well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable, with strong attention to detail.
- A strong interest in human rights, specifically concerning the SADC region, is essential.
- Relevant coursework is highly desirable.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, internet applications) and internet research skills are essential.
- Proficient reading and writing abilities in Portuguese are preferable.
Interns will receive a gross monthly stipend of R 6,000 per month, which will be pro-rated based on the number of hours they are in the “office”, to help offset living expenses in accordance with HRW policy.
How to Apply