Human Science Research Council (HSRC)
HSRC invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Doctoral (Ph.D.) Research Internships Programme 2021
- Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 20 June 2021
The Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) within the Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) seeks to appoint a suitably qualified and highly motivated post graduate student as a Doctoral (PhD) Researcher Trainee in its Pretoria Offices.
The period for the appointment is 3 years (36 months) during which the successful candidate is expected to advance his/her doctoral studies in either sustainable development, peace and security, science innovation, or gender studies in Africa
- Work with a research team on all aspects of conducting research, surveys, and the analysis of resultant data;
- Assist in meeting the AISA targets;
- Make demonstrable progress towards the achievement of a Doctoral degree;
- Develop own personal academic competencies through formal and informal training activities;
- Write up research results for conference presentations, research reports, and manuscripts for publication;
- Commit to and participate in clear research trainee mentoring and capacity development activities.
Key requirements for the position:
- Be in possession of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities.
- Be registering or have registered as a Ph.D. candidate at a recognized university.
- An interest in research on Africa that seeks to extend and enhance the use and impact of scientific research;
- Evidence of sound analytical, research, writing, and publication abilities will be an advantage.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and interest in a research career that includes working in trans-, inter, and multi-disciplinary research projects and teams.
- South African Citizen.
In your application, please include:
- Your CV and a certified copy of your ID,
- A letter of motivation, and
- The details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax, and e-mail contact details).
- Ensure that you indicate the reference number of the position for which you are applying.
Note: The HSRC offers attractive, market-related packages depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply