Fugro invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Hydrographic Surveyor Internships Programme 2021
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 21 June 2021
Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analyzing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it.
The Survey Intern receives theoretical and practical training, actively learns and performs assigned basic duties, under close guidance, to develop a good foundation and understanding of the tasks with the end goal to be able to independently fulfill the assigned duties.
- Actively participate in, learn and understand all aspects of the relevant theoretical and practical work and tasks with a particular focus on IMCA guidelines for academic requirements of surveyors working in the offshore survey sector.
- Execute work and tasks as instructed in accordance with procedures and specifications.
- Familiarise themselves with standard work procedures, client requirements, and specifications.
- Regularly participate in in-house training and external training courses as well as hands-on training as instructed by the Survey and Technical Coordinator Assist with the mobilization of equipment in the field and on offshore survey projects Assist with basic survey requirements.
- Regularly participate in performance appraisals and feedback sessions to address training needs and potential gaps that need specific training focus.
Specific Additional Duties:
- Familiarise with QA/HSE and Management System Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company Management system on Quality and HSE-related issues.
Principal Working Relationships:
- Work with higher grade field staff to ensure projects are completed to client specifications
- Meet with Technical training supervisor for regular technical training
- Meet with Survey Coordinator for selected project debriefs, staff development interviews and if applicable personal performance appraisal discussion.
- Diploma or Degree in Topography or
- Land/Hydrographic Survey (or better) Conversant with computer operations and basic knowledge of application software Basic English Language.
How to Apply