National Library of South Africa invites Unemployed Graduates to Apply for the Internships Programme 2021
- Location: Bloemfontein, South Africa
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Closing Date: 17 June 2021
The purpose of this short-term employment opportunity is to assist the National Archives and Records Services of South Africa (NARSSA) to digitize, conserve, secure, and make accessible it’s paper-based and audio-visual archival collections. We are inviting applications from suitably qualified persons between the ages of 18 and 35 for appointment on a three-month contract basis. The successful individuals will be based in Pretoria. Successful candidates will receive training and be provided with real work experience enabling them to gain skills and valuable experience that can be applied in future jobs.
Position: Trainee Assistant Archivists
No of Positions: 27
Stipend: R 5 700 per month
- Preservation and conservation services
- Arrangement and description of paper-based and /or audio-visual records.
- Capturing, verifi cation and data clean-up on the National Archives database
- Evaluation and preparation of paper-based and audiovisual records for digitization.
- Follow detailed instructions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested.
- Work rotational shifts, including weekends, when required to do so
Bachelor’s degree in:
- Archival Studies,
- Heritage Studies,
- Film Studies,
- Sound Engineering.
A postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields will be an added advantage. Candidates who obtained their qualifications through the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture’s Heritage Bursary Scheme are encouraged to apply
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
How to Apply